Travel Section: Introduction
Afghanistan is a country, which takes years to explore and know in detail. Endless sights and destinations abound – from the remote region of Badakhshan / Pamir Corridor in the North to the Bamyan and Band e Amir region in the central part of the country. Neglected by tourism for over 35 years since the Russian invasion, there is much natural, untouched beauty.
Planning Your Trip
In order to make your choice of destinations easier, Afghan Logistics & Tours Pvt. Ltd (ALT) have selected the most prominent one’s for you in a rundown on our 1 days tour, 4 days tour 6 days tour, 10 days tour 12 days tour and 16 days tour. You may book these tours in their entirety or only parts of them. These tours will be carried out by air, and mostly by car and in one of our 4-wheel drives. Please see our fleet policy for details.
if you are in the position to gather a group of travelers (at least three) yourself or wait for us to gather such a group our charges will be less than if we are carrying out the trip for one or two persons only. Such planning is done each season afresh so no general guidelines on the time table of our tours can be given in advance. But if you would like to have a trip scheduled for one or two persons only, we can leave any time convenient to you.
If you prefer a greater physical challenge, ALT also carry out trekking tours, mainly in the central and north-east of Afghanistan, but as an starter we made a one day trekking tour Itinerary for north of Kabul City the trekking pad is located just in about 30 minutes’ drive from ALT guest house towards north of Kabul for more details please click here.
Whatever your choice, always remember that we are able to accommodate most any other plan you may have,
i.e. extend on the suggested route or tailor-make a shorter trip. You are the customer, we will make things happen! Simply complete our inquiry form in contact us and we will get in touch with you to plan your trip.
ALT distinguish themselves form tour operators elsewhere by tailor-making your trip – we do not carry one-size-fits-all tours.
Furthermore, we specialize in Afghanistan – we do not operate tours elsewhere.
Most other entities offering tours into Afghanistan from overseas use ALT as their partner on the ground.
So why not go directly through us?
Irrespective of your choice of tour or size of group, you / your group will always be accompanied by one driver and one English speaking guide per vehicle. This guide will be very versed in all places of interest so as to provide you with all information about the sights you are visiting.
How To Get Started
Unlike conventional travel agencies ALT take a very personal approach when organizing trips for our customers; where ever possible we will arrange for a face-to-face meeting with you at a convenient place and time to discuss your plans and expectations as well as explain our services and other details, if face to face meeting not possible we are always there to answer your questions by phone call or e-mails 24/7 to contact us please click here.
It is our mission to provide you with an exciting yet pleasant travel experience. Hence before you commence your trip or even before you make a booking our staff is able to advise on seasonal or other conditions, which may or may not affect your planned trip.
Our Value-added Services
ALT is able to purchase your air-tickets as well also providing you with a Letter of Invitation and help you with all visa arrangements you may need support with.
Terms and Conditions Of Travel
Unless otherwise specified in our written agreement with the customer our travel services include the following points to be fulfilled by ALT and are part of the quoted price.
All agreed service cease in case of unacceptable conditions in all or some of the scheduled destination points. These situations are assessed and warranted for at the sole discretion of ALT. In such a case payment already received in advance for the trip or part of the trip will be refunded if no agreement for an alternative can be reached with the customer.
Payment received and made on behalf of the customer to the respective airlines are subject to the airlines refund policy.
Fees paid on behalf of the customer to the Afghan Embassies are non-refundable.
- Meeting with customer(s) at arrival point in Afghanistan, e.g. Kabul international airport.
- Transit to accommodation in arrival city.
- Provision of all transport in Afghanistan after arrival of customers in the country as necessary and / or sensible for a safe journey and as stipulated in the final version of the itinerary laid out prior to the trip
- All accommodation and pre-booking of the same, as required for the scheduled itinerary. The accommodation is to be at least of local standard somewhere between 3 to 4 Stars.
- Higher standard (5 Stars ) accommodation can be arranged at an extra cost upon request.
- Provision of alternative lodging, should unacceptable circumstances be present in the originally arranged point of lodging. “Unacceptable” shall be defined by ALT on the ground in co-operation with the customers but final decision lies with ALT.
- Provision of qualified driver(s).
- Provision of adequate, reliable and regularly serviced vehicles for the entire duration of the trip please see our fleet policy by clicking here .
- Where transport by car is not possible or for good reasons not desirable, appropriate alternative modes of transport will be provided according to ALT’ sole discretion with regards to safety and availability.
- Provision of English-speaking tour guide(s) for the entire trip.
- Provision of tents and other relevant camping equipment in case of trekking tours.
- Provision of all food and drinks for our crew (drivers, guard, tour guide).
- We do not include food (Lunch and Dinner) in our tour package to make easy for tourists that they choose the food of their choice and pay directly to restaurants, we will transport you to and from restaurants free of cost each meal will cost you from 10 to 30 US$ it depends to your budget.
- For trekking tour and remote regions tours where restaurants are not available ALT will provide a cook and foodstuffs that will be added at the actual tour package cost and will be discussed prior booking with the individual or group which they book such as tours.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing the following points are excluded from our generic agreement and ALT do not take responsibility for nor cover any expenses related to them:
- Extra / unscheduled pick-ups from arrival point (can be arranged at extra costs).
- Driving to extra destination cities outside the agreed itinerary (can be arranged at extra costs).
- Arranging for alterative accommodation despite originally scheduled one being available without compromise of local standards (can be arranged at extra costs).
- Arranging of alternative mode of transport despite originally scheduled one being available without compromise (can be arranged at extra costs).
- Travel insurance.
- Responsibility for loss of property or life.
- Costs arising from medical conditions (chronic or not) and their effects.
- Costs arising from “acts of God” or other unforeseen und uncontrollable circumstances arising during the trip.
- Visa fees for visas to Afghanistan (can be arranged at extra costs).
- Air-tickets and related charges to and from Afghanistan (can be arranged; extra costs for tickets apply).
- Admission fees – as and when applicable.
- Any extra wishes and / or requirements by customer resulting in additional costs (can be arranged at extra costs, subject availability and circumstances).
Further Terms Of Travel
ALT do not take responsibility for costs arising from personal liability, accidents, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, and loss of luggage and shorting of the trip due to flight delays or other unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.
We hence recommend that you take appropriate travel insurance before commencing the trip.
Passports and Visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas for Afghanistan (pls seek assistance from ALT if you are not sure). Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday. ALT will not take responsibility if you are refused entry into Afghanistan.
You acknowledge that travel on any ALT trip requires a degree of flexibility and you understand that the trip’s route, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice should circumstances on the ground demand so. Should ALT deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, it may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. These changes are binding and additional expenses will be charged to you if the reason for any alteration is outside of our control. While traveling with us you agree to accept the authority of your tour guide on the ground at all times.
You are aware that, if travelling in a group, you may have to accept compromises to accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of group members. You understand that ALT reserve the right to decline, accept or retain any person as a member of the group at any time.
You understand that ALT contract with various partners on the ground to enable your trip. These include guesthouses, car service stations etc.
Due to long-term partnership with these parties ALT believe that these parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform.
However, we will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behavior of these partners.
ALT will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any laws or regulations (written, habitual or cultural) of Afghanistan.
Payment Terms and Conditions
The full amount quoted for all services prospected is due no later than thirty (30) calendar days prior to departure from the customer’s origin country.
A deposit of 50% of the full amount quoted is due at point of confirmation (signing of this document). The final booking confirmation from ALT is subject to clearance of Cheques, Paypal, Wire Transactions, or Credit Card payments respectively.
If you cancel after we send you a written confirmation invoice or if you fail to pay the full cost of the holiday within the specified time you will be liable to pay cancellation charges. These are calculated according to the date when we receive written notification of cancellation or the date upon which your cancellation is treated as occurring because of non-payment. The charges are based upon a proportion of the total charges quoted, as per our invoice excluding air tickets and visa-charges as follows.
Air-tickets arranged on your behalf are subject to their own cancellation policies.
|No. of days before departure at which point we receive your cancellation.||Charges in percent of your total price excluding air- tickets and visas|
|More than 30 calendar days||Deposit amount paid|
|Between 30 and 14 calendar days||70% of total amount quoted|
|14 days and later||100% of total amount quoted|
- Wire Transfer
- All Major Credit Cards & Debit Cards, to pay my major Credit Cards please click here.
- PayPal to pay by PayPal please click here.
- Cheque (payment acceptance subject to clearance of the same)
If you already agreed on a tour package and signed up, and now you are looking to find an easy way to pay, you can easily pay us through our secure payment gateway by PayPal and all Major Credit Cards and Debit Cards, to pay now click here.
To contact us and gives us the privilege of being at your service please Click Here.